Friday, July 15, 2011

A short update

Hello Friends and Family!

I hope you haven't worried too much about us. We really enjoyed the rural village and have many stories to share about what we did and who we met.We are still alive and kicking. As it turned out, there was no internet in Madhya Pradesh so we weren't able to update anything. And our phone had a bunch of trouble at catching a signal or receiving recharging of points.
I don't have much time to write today. I just wanted to give a teaser for a much larger update soon to come. We heard about the bombings in Mumbai and are very sad and concerned about all those that were impacted by the terrorists. Keep them in your prayers.
 
Kolkata is where we will be spending most of our time in India. AND boy is it going to be an experience. Jill and I are volunteers in separate outreaches for two weeks: I'm doing CRAWL society and Jill is with Freeset. And the third week we'll be joining Mother Teresa's Missions of Charity. No matter where we go, what we had expected for something to be is not the same when we actually get to join it. All I can say right now is Kolkata is packed with opportunities for the people to make significant changes in their lives. They need basic food and homes with basic health care, and many times are unable to get it. Really be praying about the people of Kolkata and for developmental efforts to be continued and expanded. Anyways, great talking with you today. Hope you will come back next time to hear about more of our experiences here in India.

Crafting, Rafting, Charity and Chai,
Greg

1 comment:

  1. I love the updates, Greg!!! Thanks for giving us an idea of your day. May you continue to impact peoples' lives through CRAWL!!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete